So Much to Do in Jackson – An Action Packed Adventure Awaits!
There are so many things to do year round in Jackson Hole; it’s tough to narrow down a list when you’re considering options for your Jackson Hole vacation. Although there is numerous activity options located not far away from most Jackson Hole Condos, some of the most unique things to do may be well worth the drive. Although the list is seemingly endless, below is a short selection of what the top five most popular activities tend to be for Jackson Hold visitors to enjoy.
Activities Are Never Far From Most Jackson Hole Condos.
- Skiing at Jackson Hole Resort, of course! About twenty minutes away from the mecca of Jackson Hole condos in town you’ll find Teton Village, the primary resort village area. Hosting numerous shops, restaurants and bars, it’s certainly a popular spot to stop and enjoy both before and after skiing. The resort itself offers 2,500 skiable acres with over 4,000 feet of vertical drop – what Jackson is famous for! Annually, Jackson sees approximately 400 inches of snowfall making it one of the most popular resorts in North America. A trip to Jackson Hole resort also offers numerous other winter fun like horse-drawn sleigh rides in the winter and hiking and biking in the summer. A trip up the Jackson Hole Aerial Tram is a must, skier or not, to take in the views and see the majestic Tetons from an entirely different perspective.
- Grand Teton National Park. Most Jackson Hole condos boast photos of this awe-inspiring National Park, but they can never do justice to the actual experience of visiting. Sprawling out over a massive 310,000 acres adventurers are treated to views of the massive peaks of the Tetons, crystal clear lakes and seemingly endless alpine forests. Most first-tome visitors to the park are encouraged to drive along John D. Rockefeller, Jr. Memorial Parkway which carves a perfect path along the eastern edge of the park and follows all the way up to the north entrance of Yellowstone. An outdoor enthusiasts dream, visitors can hike, bike, climb and photograph their way through the endless trails. Wildlife is never far away and includes moose, elk and bear. Located about 25 miles outside of the main town of Jackson, most Jackson Hole condos are just a short drive away from this timeless and famous park. Although it is open year round, some parts may be closed in the winter months due to bad driving conditions, so be sure to check with park authorities before you venture out.
- The Jackson Hole Playhouse. Your daytime adventures will certainly have you looking for relaxing nighttime fun. The Jackson Hole Playhouse is a quaint dinner theater located right in town, within walking distance from most Jackson Hole condos. Famous for its down-home cooking and fun performances, it’s a great spot to gather with friends of bring the family. For those not wanting to dine, tickets to performances only are available, although most locals will encourage you to try dinner at least once. Performances occur every Monday-Saturday and dinner takes place beforehand between 5:00-6:30 with shows beginning at 8:00. This is a unique to Jackson experience that should be on your list of things to do!
- Granite Hot Springs. Being so close to Yellowstone means there are all sorts of natural attractions that abound outside the parks gates. The Granite Hot Springs are a must-do item for travelers looking to spend a little time during their hectic Jackson Hole adventure relaxing and rejuvenating. Although most Jackson Hole condos host hot tubs, sometimes a soak in nature’s own “hot tub” is in order to take advantage of the often touted healing minerals. The springs are open year round and are located about 35 miles away from Jackson Hole proper. Scenic hiking and snowshoeing are popular pre-soak activities with your adventure culminating in a dip in the warm and steamy waters. The walk to the spring is scenic in its own right and includes views of waterfalls and wildlife.
- Snow King Resort. If you’re looking for skiing a little closer to most of the Jackson Hole condos, you’ll want to spend at least one day exploring Snow King Resort, located in the heart of Jackson Hole. Snow King was the very first ski area in Wyoming and although small in comparison to Jackson Hole Resort, offers a unique and historic experience to visitors. Offering 400 acres of skiable terrain, most of the terrain is geared towards intermediate and advanced skiers. A certain charm exudes from this charming ski town resort, and if you’re looking for night skiing, 110 acres of the resort are open to those who can’t seem to get enough of the famous Jackson powder!
What tops your list of must do items when you visit Jackson Hole? Where are your favorite Jackson Hole condos located?